Type of position: Full time learnership
- SABMiller is one of the world's largest brewers and has brewing interests and distribution agreements across six continents.
- Our wide portfolio of brands includes premium international beers such as Pilsner Urquell, Peroni Nastro Azzurro, Miller Genuine Draft and Grolsch along with leading local brands such as Aguila, Castle, Miller Lite, Snow and Tyskie.
- Six of our brands are among the top 50 in the world. We are also one of the world's largest bottlers of Coca-Cola products.
- Since listing on the London Stock Exchange 10 years ago we have grown into a global operation, developing a balanced and attractive portfolio of businesses.
- Our markets range from developed economies such as the USA to fast-growing developing markets such as China and India.
Key Purpose Statement:
Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons to fill the above vacancy within the Packaging Department. The successful applicants are expected to start on the 1 June 2013
To provide an opportunity for 12 people to enrol for a National Certificate in Food and Beverage Packaging NQF level 3. They will enter into a fixed term contract with ABI Midrand Manufacturing during which they will undergo both on-the-job and theoretical learning, culminating in a National qualification.
- Attention to detail
- Ability to interact well in teams
- Ability to work effectively in teams
Output and Accountabilities:
A Learner ship is a structured learning programme that combines theoretical training and on-the-job learning in an integrated programme. The theoretical aspects of the learning are entrenched with work-based learning.
Further characteristics of a Learner ship are:
- A Learner ship leads to a national qualification registered on the (NQF) Qualification Framework.
- The qualification is based on SAQA (South African Qualifications Authority) registered unit standards.
- The unit standards are written to reflect value adding skills required in the workplace and contains the outcomes and assessment criteria.
- Competence is demonstrated in the workplace utilizing a variety of assessment methods and using the assessment criteria as the standard of performance.
The advert has minimum requirements listed. Management reserves the right to use additional or relevant information as criteria for short-listing.
Interested applicants, who meet the above employee specifications, should please apply in writing to:
Kerene Govender at email address Kerene.Govender@za.sabmiller.com
Reference code: SAB-ZA-08869
Closing date: 8 April 2013